2019 Teacher Grant Pilot PrograM
The first-ever Teacher Grant Awardees have been announced! Please click on 2019 Teacher Grant Awardees above to view all the projects funded thanks to donations to WCEF. In just the first year of the program, WCEF received 46 applications for a total of more than $44,000 and funded 21 grants for $20,000. A panel of reviewers made up of teachers, administrators, WCEF donors and community members, scored each pplication. From buddy books to 1st grade engineers, 3D printers to Google Expeditions, a pottery wheel to sketchbooks, graphic novels to maker spaces - we can't wait to share the results of this program.
This year, in partnership with WCSD, WCEF launched a new avenue to support teacher innovation and student exploration, the Teacher Grant Program. We're excited to support our amazing teachers and staff in a new way, and fund innovative projects that will enhance and support 21st century learning. A primary characteristic of a 21st century classroom is “connectedness.” This refers to connectedness to self, connectedness to peers, connectedness to learning resources, and connectedness to the wider world. The district’s mission is to inspire a community of learners empowered to positively engage with the world through discovery, innovation, creativity, leadership, and character.
The WCEF Teacher Grant Pilot Program expands the partnership between WCSD and WCEF, further demonstrating our commitment to supporting the students and staff in our community. Through this initial pilot program, WCEF and WCSD hope to learn from teachers and school communities and improve future teacher grant program efforts.
- Individuals or teams employed by WCSD are eligible to apply. Projects must primarily support activities related to the instructional day.
- Proposed budgets may be up to $1,000 for TK through Grade 5, and up to $2,000 for Grades 6-8.
- At least one project at each school will be funded.
- Allowable expenses include: materials/supplies, contractors/consultants, training, technology, or other items needed for the project. Funding cannot be used for gift cards, or other expenses already funded by your school budget or PTA, PTO, or parent group budget.
- All materials/supplies, technology or other items purchased are considered property of your school.
- Awardees will need to submit a completed reflection questionnaire, digital video or photo(s) of the project, and receipts for all expenses to WCEF to receive reimbursement. Awardees may also be asked to showcase project via social media, or in person to community members if applicable.
- Applications will be scored individually by a review panel of approximately 15-20 people, including parents and representatives from WCSD and WCEF. Each WCSD school will be represented.
- Panelists will use the rubric attached to this application.
- The review panel will recommend which projects should be funded to WCSD and WCEF leadership, who will determine the awardees.
October 16, 2019: Online applications due by 5pm
Late October 2019: Selected applicants posted on WCSD and WCEF websites
November-May 29, 2019: Teacher Grant Pilot awards must be spent
Applications are due no later than 5 p.m. on Oct. 16, 2019. Please complete the application/google form found here. Questions? Contact Sandra Naughton at email@example.com.